Pages - Menu

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Finding my passion project

I want to be a professional blogger more than anything. I think about how I'm going to make blogging my career almost every moment of every day. I dream of creating a website that affects people's lives in a big way; in the same way blogs have affected my life.

I turn to Healthy Tipping Point for motivation to lead a balanced life. To A Beautiful Mess for inspiration to find beauty every day. To Zen Habits for guidance on finding focus. To Fitnessista for exercise tips. To Dooce for humor and storytelling.

The list goes on.

I'm bothered by the fact that I have no real passion or purpose to my blogging. 

I write whatever inspires me that day. All too often, that seems to be the fact that I want to write for a living and I'm unhappy with my current job. To be honest, I'm even bored with writing about that topic.

Problem is, I don't know if I want to write about fitness or fashion or DIY or healthy living or relationships or personal development or decoration or travel.

I don't have a very obvious interest that would motivate and inform my blog. As a writer, I'm so used to someone telling me what I'm going to write about that I have trouble just picking something out of the blue to focus on.

So, I decided on a big undertaking:

I will "try on" different blogging styles to see what I love most.

Every couple of weeks, I will announce the new focus of this blog. I'll attack that topic with gusto for a bit and then summarize my thoughts.

Hopefully, by the end of my experiment I'll have a clear picture of my interests and make the commitment to a blogging focus for Michelle's a Writer.

I can't wait to get started! I'm creating a separate page for the Finding my Passion Project in the navigation. Please follow along with me on this exciting adventure.

Now, the question is...

What should I conquer first?

No comments:

Post a Comment