Pages - Menu

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Reminder: read this quote often


I came across this quote in the comments section of an article yesterday and I wrote it down right away. This sentiment rings so true with me. Last year, I drastically downsized and gave away TONS of junk. I felt so free living with fewer possessions. It was glorious. Recently I've been piling them on again, especially on the biggest waste of money ever: clothes. I started a new job a few months ago and have been struggling with feeling like I'm a bit out of my league. To compensate, I've been buying gads of clothes. 

Crazy thing is, even with new threads I still feel out of place. 

Obviously, the new possessions aren't the answer. But, I am buying them to create an impression that won't last on people that I don't really care about. I'm happy to step back and be mindful that buying things is  never the way to create confidence. As cheesy and cliche as it is to say this, confidence really can't be bought. Even if the magazines and TV ads convince us that it can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment